Team Leader Opportunities - Permanent
40.25 Hours per week working days, nights and weekends.
£20,930 - £23, 546.78 Per Annum dependant on experience
Closing Date - Friday 5th June 2020
Ty Mynydd - Pontarddulais
Due to the continued growth at Orbis Education and Care, we are incredibly excited to announce that we will be opening our 16th home and 10th Adult Residential home - Ty Mynydd.
Ty Mynydd will be opening its doors this June and we are currently recruiting for a fantastic team to help welcome all our new resident’s. This is a wonderful opportunity to join our brand-new residential home set in the heart of Pontarddulais.
We are on the lookout for experienced Team Leaders who bring their passion and drive to work every day and who can help the team do an amazing job. Should you join us you will be joining a company that believes in a person-centred approach that places integrity and teamwork at the heart of everything we do.
Ty Mynydd is located within 45 acres of beautiful welsh countryside and is situated less than 2 miles from the centre of Pontardulais, and just over 10 miles from Swansea. It is an ideal location in the heart of the countryside whilst still close to local amenities.
At Orbis Education and Care we support children, young people and adults with needs associated with autism, we provide specialist schools, community homes, and a community-based work-skills service.
As a Team Leader you will be responsible for supporting the day to day management of your team within Ty Mynydd. To ensure the highest quality of service is provided for our young people through their person centred care plans and that staff are encouraged and supported to achieve and exceed their full potential.
What you will be doing
- Support all staff in their understanding and the implementation of Positive Behaviour Support and Active support.
- Attend pre admission assessments and meetings, transition and participating planning for move on.
- Support key workers to take responsibility for the assessment, development, implementation and review of PBS and placement plans and risk assessments for children and young people. Support the staff team in their role of key-worker and facilitate training as required.
- Support all staff to complete all paperwork to the required standard and provide additional support as required.
- Be an ambassador for Orbis Education and Care.
- Demonstrating a commitment to the success of the organisation by being polite courteous and professional at all times.
- Supporting management to achieve and successfully maintain 95% occupancy within the home.
- Supporting the management team with the attrition rate of staff and commitment to the development of support staff.
- Support the management team with effective rota management thus reducing the agency usage.
What we are looking for
- Experience of working with individuals who have an ASD and or complex learning difficulties.
- Experience leading and mentoring a staff team.
- Experience in enabling people to access new opportunities.
- Be able to demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
- Someone who is committed to the provision of high quality person centred support to empower people particularly those with autistic spectrum conditions.
- Understanding the importance of choice, rights and empowerment.
- Ability of be innovative, imaginative and flexible with the working situation.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Knowledge of active support.
- Knowledge and experience of drafting and implementing plans.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Risk Management Policy and Procedures.
- Training and qualifications in related subjects such as health and safety, food hygiene.
- Relevant training and understanding of communication methods E.G Makaton, PECS.
- QCF level 3 in Health and Social Care.
- PBS BTEC Level 3, (desirable) or knowledge of the PBS Framework.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary scales which are bench marked regularly to ensure we are competitive with local market rate, alongside overtime opportunities.
- The opportunity to achieve key qualifications to ensure you can continue to develop and challenge yourself.
- A comprehensive learning and development programme to ensure everyone at Orbis has the opportunity to flourish and be the best they can be. This ranges from technical training to soft skills. Our career pathways are clearly mapped out, and we are proud to say that we have numerous examples of inspiring career stories of current employees who have progressed through the business, including up to Board level!
- Competitive annual leave allowance.
- Company pension scheme.
- Regular recognition initiatives.
- A competitive Refer a Friend scheme.
- An invitation to our annual awards event!
- Access to marketing leading reward platform PERKBOX, where you will have access to wide selection of great discounts!
We also offer a wide range of additional benefits, dependant on role.
Above all, you can look forward to joining an award-winning team who make a real difference to the lives of the individuals we support and do truly fulfilling work!
Orbis Education and Care Ltd is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk. All applicants will be subject to a Safer Recruitment process and all appointments are subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure, satisfactory reference checks and any other suitability checks deemed essential for this role. We are committed to ensuring we provide a safe and secure environment for the individuals we support and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to know more please contact a member of the Recruitment Team, alternatively please apply online.