Head of Care – Dan Y Coed
37.5 hours per week
Closing Date: Friday 19th June 2020.
Location: Dan-Y-Coed Swansea
At Orbis Education and Care we support children, young people and adults with needs associated with autism, we provide specialist schools, community homes, and a community-based work-skills service.
We are currently on the lookout for a Head of Care to join our Dan-Y-Coed Team, we are looking for someone who can bring their passion and drive to work every day and who can help our team continue to do an amazing job. Should you join us you will be joining a company that believes in a person-centred approach that places integrity, teamwork and the support of all our individuals at the heart of everything we do.
What you will be doing
- Delivering a culture of quality and care in your home that aligns to the Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) framework.
- Delivering a home environment and culture that puts the well-being and quality of life of young people at the heart of everything we do. E.g. focus on Person-Centered Planning, Young people Forums, and champion other new approaches.
- Attending child protection strategy meetings as required.
- Carrying out investigations in relation to significant events as necessary.
- Overseeing complaint and safeguarding matters in conjunction with the Responsible Individual, ensuring reports are written and submitted to the relevant Director and appropriate agencies as necessary.
- Working with your Area Manager and Finance team on budget setting and management, escalating any issues in a timely manner.
- Working with the referrals team, to ensure referrals are converted to admissions in conjunction with finding appropriate care solutions for the young people.
- Building a positive relationship with Inspectors and commissioners ensuring good communication at all times.
- Leading inspections at the Home in conjunction with the Responsible individual..
- Ensuring your home is run in compliance with relevant care regulations.
- Creating a culture in your home that drives quality and continuous improvement.
What we are looking for
- Proven success in a managerial role in a residential setting
- Experience of residential childcare
- Excellent Leadership/Managerial skills
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to influence in complex situations
- A proactive and solutions focused attitude
- Commitment to achieving best outcomes for children and adults
- Stakeholder Management
- Project management
- Demonstrate commitment to on-going personal development
- Works well with data and MI
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare
- Knowledge of Safeguarding
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- Designated Lead Safeguarding (DSL)
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary scales which are bench marked regularly to ensure we are competitive with local market rate, alongside overtime opportunities.
- The opportunity to achieve key qualifications to ensure you can continue to develop and challenge yourself.
- A comprehensive learning and development programme to ensure everyone at Orbis has the opportunity to flourish and be the best they can be. This ranges from technical training to soft skills. Our career pathways are clearly mapped out, and we are proud to say that we have numerous examples of inspiring career stories of current employees who have progressed through the business, including up to Board level!
- Competitive annual leave allowance.
- Company pension scheme.
- Regular recognition initiatives.
- A competitive Refer a Friend scheme.
- An invitation to our annual awards event!
- Access to marketing leading reward platform PERKBOX, where you will have access to wide selection of great discounts!
We also offer a wide range of additional benefits, dependant on role.
Above all, you can look forward to joining an award-winning team who make a real difference to the lives of the individuals we support and do truly fulfilling work!
Orbis Education and Care Ltd is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk. All applicants will be subject to a Safer Recruitment process and all appointments are subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure, satisfactory reference checks and any other suitability checks deemed essential for this role. We are committed to ensuring we provide a safe and secure environment for the individuals we support, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to know more please contact a member of the Recruitment Team, alternatively please apply online.