Deputy Manager Opportunities
Full Time: 38 hours per week (this could involve night shifts and will include weekends), permanent contract
Salary: £24,500 - £26,000 per annum dependent on experience
Location : Bangeston Hall, Pembrokeshire Dock
Closing Date: Tuesday 28th September 2021
Are you looking to build a rewarding career in social care where you can make a difference to the lives of adults? We are looking for a Residential Deputy Manager to join the team.
What does the Deputy Manager role involve?
- Support the Home Manger to ensure compliance with the regulatory framework.
- Support the Home Manger to develop a culture that drives quality and continuous improvement.
- Ensure all Company policies, procedures and practices are implemented consistently.
- Support the home manager to co-ordinate any maintenance work that is required within the home.
- Participate in the Companies “Out of hours” service.
- Ensure all staff in the home are compliant with QCF completion as per the Bangeston Hall’s statement of purpose.
- Ensure all staff are compliant with mandatory training and attend all required training.
- Lead staff team meetings to ensure the staff have clear direction and opportunity to participate in the running of the home
- Ensure that the Home Manager and other key internal stakeholders are made aware of any issues that arise from the home and that could adversely impact it.
- Assist the Home Manager with the development and production of the Bi annual Quality of Care assurance report
- Ensure the home consistently achieves a Good to Excellent Periodic service review scores
- Required to supervise, coach and mentor team leaders.
- To act as a mentor to new staff and co-ordinate their induction into the home.
- To support the supervision of all staff and report on compliance.
To support the MDT with the implementation of care and support plans and any targets that have been set for the individual’s living in the home
Where is the role based?
Bangeston Hall, Pembrokeshire Dock
What are your benefits?
- Paid comprehensive induction programme
- Free uniform & DBS
- £300 refer-a-friend scheme
- Up to 37.5 hrs additional annual leave paid for long service
- Company pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
What do you need to be a Deputy Manager?
- To hold or be working towards the QCF level 5.
- To hold or be working towards the PBS BTEC level 4
- An understanding of the importance of managing change.
- Knowledge of GDPR and responsible for ensuring the confidentiality of the individuals and staff.
- Knowledge of RISCA and ensure inspection documentation and records comply with operational standards and statutory regulations and guidance.
- Have a good understanding of the Positive behaviour support framework and the active support model as this underpins the way in which Orbis Educations & Care supports all the individual’s living in the home.
- Experience of direct support experience with people with learning disabilities and/or ASC and Challenging Behaviour (At least two years).
- Experience of leading a team of staff who support people with learning disabilities and/or ASC and Challenging Behaviour (At least three years).
- Experience of working as part of a Multi-Disciplinary team.
- Experience of supporting and leading individual’s engagement.
If you want to make a difference to people's lives, then we would love to receive your application for the Deputy Manager role . Please click ‘Apply’ and submit your CV today!
All applicants will be subject to a Safer Recruitment process and all appointments are subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure, satisfactory reference checks and any other suitability checks deemed essential for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.